Sunday, November 05, 2006

Post Titled: NADINE'S GONE (A.K.A. and then the lights came on in the middle of the night; what should I do with my life; how should I spend my time; I'll be a stock broker and get me a wife; have the diamonds cut, have the diamonds.î-song 'armageddon' by cocorosie

Nadine flew to Frankfurt a.M. to perform in the play ìnorway todayî again which left me in Berlin alone for three days. An interesting situation. Luckily Vera SMS'd and invited me to her friends Einveihungs party (house warming) for their nice new place in Prenzlauer Berg. I was late coming back from dropping Nadine off at Tegel and since I am between bank accounts I had to tactfully twiddle my thumbs at the bar we met William, Ardian and Christian at (respectively; Vera's bf, and two of his friends, nice guys clever guys from Stuttgart.) Adrian in particular was going off about Yoga, which no one else had ever heard of before except me, and Mate (tea) which was also an oddity and we were both genuinely surprised to find that each other were familiar with these obscure things (obsure here, anyhow) wow, since when do I lay on the boring details so thickly??? UGH!
the point is that I had a lot of nice talks with a lot of people and GASP actually say a few attitude-laden hipsters (hadn't seen any here before then)

This morning I decided to go to the mountain constructed from WWII rubble called DRACHENBERG but couldn't remember the U-Bahn stop and then got distracted for a few hours at THE taschen store, I think- on Kurfursten Damm, they had the CONTENT book by Rem Koolhaas and the gang which I didn't realize was printed for an exhibit here... funny thing is that book is definitely dated and almost outdated, even though it was made in Fall of 2004...

There was also a huge atlas book full of maps of the world from 1665. Kind of amazing how accurate some of the shapes of the continents were even long before satellites and photographs.

I really would like to create and in-depth analysis of the U-Bahn stations. They are all unique, different ages and full of good, bad, and insanely hideous colored tile designs. A mild, pleasantly commie-faschist example:


SO, yes, Nadine is away and I am wandering aimlessly in a city where I only know 1 out of every million people, an odd experience, on the weird U-Bahn listening to CocoRosie in the headphones, zipping about. I'm still eating pumpkin soup (day 3), and watching some odd selections from Susanne's burnt-DVD book. I'd prefer to watch the ones worth watching, but not all of them play on Nadine's iBook, but I've been watching bits and pieces of Underworld: Evolution, the Bourne -something- Constantine (Keanu Reeves movie I'd never heard of) and several others. The only way I can really justify watching these movies is that they are dubbed in German, so that helps with comprehension. Oh, I did get X-Men III and Requiem for a Dream... two depressing films actually. AND FOUND 'WAIT WAIT DONîT TELL ME'! ...But I think he BBC Radio will be keeping me warm tonight.

For about 5 minutes I thought I missed the USA, but then I relaized "Oh, wait, no I don't." I just miss people. and my ridiculous turtle.
Google Book Search

1 Comments:

Blogger aufbühner&abräumer said...

actually, those are not my films...someone stored them at my place...my dvd´s are in the shelve. I wouldn´t own hulk, x-men, bourns-something and so on and so forth...just in case. This is an awfully embarassing connection -me and the dvd`s- i only watch sane, interesting, intelligent art house movies and OC California...;)
take care

6:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home