Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Post Titled: NPR
Post Subtitled: My undying love for Shakira is rekindled... for a morning, at least.
Months ago I stopped using the radio as an alarm because I had it set to German news- all of which ruined my day, but recently I reremembered that there is 104.1 the Berlin NPR station- and what did I wake up to this morning, this early lovely accented laughing voice talking quite cleverly about education in the developing world- "who IS this? who is Robert Siegel talking to..." blink-blink, trying to get my bearings- and it turns out to be Shakira on All Things Considered. Upstairs, Ms. Saul has a miniposter of Shakira in her kitchen, which I love.
Basically, before my first cup of coffee on a Tuesday I am willing to say that Shakira... is great.

Furthermore: I come into work asking Dan if that quote he skyped me was from the news report about how Juarez had to have its police force more or less replaced by the military-
"No- it was from Battlestar Galactica."
I recently let him borrow Season One on DVD- now anyone and everyone might be a cylon... anyhow,
QUOTE: "There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."

Labels:

Google Book Search

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you just loaning me the first season to detract from the rumours that you're a Zylonagent?

I was also worried in one of the episodes that they were about to waterboard someone. They did try to drown him though - which is practically the same...

Wonder if Dubya watches it every week.

11:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home