Thursday, December 14, 2006

Post Titled: OHRWURM.
in german there is a word for when you get a song stuck in your head: ohrwurm (ear worm). I'm ve had this song in my head for almost a month now adn can't get rid of it.

Before there was recorded music (or music at all) did people get birdsongs or nature sounds stuck in their heads?
I also get words and conversations stuck in my head- does anyone else have this happen?
Wierd.
Nadine is in Stuttgart for a photo shoot so I fell back on the stash of LOST burnt dvd's, plowing through them until I realized that Season one episodes 21-24 were nowhere to be found. I looked everywhere, all over the internet, everywhere and found it but the files weren't compatible, ugh.
Skipped ahead to Season 2. Which is fine because they say "previously on LOST..." and then there's a montage.
These TV people are deviously clever. All throughout college I couldn't understand people's addiction to shows, the ritualistic gatherings in the communal areas to "find out what happens" but I guess ever since The Amazing Race and 6 Feet Under at the 1602 my resolve has crumbled. THANKS EMMA! (That isn't sarcastic, I think...) LOST is a good show, I cried when Charlie almost died and when Jack's fianceĀ“ got feeling back in her legs. So, yea, these TV mwathafawkas are clever and they've got us all hooked, I didn't realize that until I found myself desparately searching the internet for the episodes adn came across all these fan boards adn chat forums... which I thought was sad, because people really care... like I, now, kind-of care (and have definite opinions) about imaginary people in a television program.
Oh desparate world.
Google Book Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home