Monday, January 08, 2007

Post Titled: Misverständnisse
So, I start work at Helios Media on Wednesday, this is good, although it is an internship and I don't get paid for the first month it is definitely a step in the right direction. Perpahs the folks are right, how sucessful can I really be in a country where I only speak the language "pretty well". After the interview they gave me a copy of the magazine I'll be working for (they publish 4 different magazines) and it is actually full of really intersting stuff, for example and article about how Information Builders used the World Cup to basically advertise themselves for free, and how there is a PR firm working for and operating within Second Life, who knew?... which gives me an idea... anyhow, hmm... can one be homeless in second life? Dunno. Can you surf the internet on Second Life, like some kind of wierd painting within a painting... is Gwenyth Paltrow's husband singing "We live in a virtual world, yea we do -yea we do" there? hmm... oh, crazy world...

Wierd, I was searching for "Second Life art dealers" on a computer HERE IN A GERMAN LIBRARY and the fourth hit on Google was a Stranger article about the Aqua Art Miami, which I didn't even blink an eye at it because I am so darn used to the familiarity of the Stranger and their articles and then I realized "Holy sh*t, Iäm in a library in Berlin and Google just spat the Stranger and Jen Graves and Carrie E.A. Scott right back at me..." and it was unbelievably wierd for about 10 seconds.

Ok, gonna go cry in some really cheap east German beer now or paint or something... I keep feeling like my own lack of focus, like A.D.D. or A.D.H.D (if I actually believed in those things) is a huge curse and will plague me forever... or at least as long as I am trying to do something with myself...

Labels:

Google Book Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home