Thursday, March 29, 2007

Post Titled: Ch-ch-ch-changes, or just selling out?
Post Subtitled: that is right, I have joined Google Adsense.
Well, just a minute ago I plunked the HTML (which I just found out stands for ... Hyper Text Mar... Language...(I forget already.) into ye olde blog template, sort of like Dr. Frankenstein flipping the swtich and waiting for the moster to come alive... the advertizing beast... and you know what, I am not necessairily a fan of putting ads into my blog, but to be quite honest, I have been writing in blogger since December 2005 (before that in Myspace) and have never made a cent... not that I expected to ever make a cent, that is definitely NOT the point, but if I could make 20 cents a week off the blog, just 20 cents! That could feed a starving child in Africa! Or me, because I usually live off of approximately a Euro per day, so- if my blog bought me sustenance every day that would be kind of hilarious... and besides, I can quit Adsense any time, right?

I know, I know, ADS in the pristine TAR ART RAT blog, HORRORS!!! No, it is horriffic, make no mistake, but I am going to give it a go, see what happens. When I first started writing nobody read my entries- why would they? Let's re-cap to my first entry in Blogger ever:


"Tuesday, December 06, 2005
In the past 4 years I have heard all manner of arguments from both sides about Afganistan and Iraq, but still- what it usually comes down to for me is that I can see a day when more "Iraqi people" will have died at the hands/ as a result of scared young American soldiers (as acceptable casualties in their constant street battles crazy jihadists) than were "massacred" by Saddam. I can also see a day when the death toll of american soldiers fighting in the "war on terrorism" will be more than the oft-quoted +or-"3,000" who died in Sept. 11. so... then what. Our actions are wasteful of life and money and resources not to mention hundreds of thousands more ruined lives. That's all folks...

posted by TAR ART RAT at 12:08 AM 0 comments"



Awwwwh, cute. Ok, so now Hundreds (not thousands, just hundreds) of people read (or at least come across) this blog every day (thank you, statcounter.com for that spy-ish knowledge and John ans Susanne for giving me the heads-up) and - well, I know... It is selling out.
But what am I selling out? Don"t you have to be IN IT FOR THE MONEY to sell out? I am never going to make squat from blogging, BUT on a positive note, It actually opens whole new worlds of possibility for making fun of... scientology, for example. pop culture things... hmm... not to be trivial, BUT adsense expiraments may ensue.

Labels:

Google Book Search

1 Comments:

Blogger Jesi Khadivi said...

how does the adsense thing work? not that i'm intested...i'm not a "commerical blogger." ha! ha! just kidding. seriously...how does it work?

2:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home