Monday, May 14, 2007

Post Titled: Good Morning, Wierd News!

Feeling a bit funny in the head after having not left the apartment for 30+ hours between Saturday night and Monday morning, needed the downtime -it was rainy and windy so the world was best experienced from indoors, I stayed in and built furniture, drank tea, drew, painted and watched a ton of movies online- including the Last King of Scotland and Little Children, worthwhile stuff. Forest WHitaker blew my effing mind in that role. On top of that I still find Kate Winslet not only an amazing actress but also strangely attractive, even in a frumpy suburban housewife role like that, -I think it must be the face.
But after such an extended period devoid of human interaction I found it difficult to talk with people- Amelia stopped by and by brain struggle dto communicate, Nadine called and I could barely stutter-out a few words, odd. Komisch. Anyhow- after listening to that This American Life episode about Guantanamo (see previous post) I could not even begin to imagine what hell solitary confinement must be (not that there is any comparison)... If I start to feel wierd after a day and a half of being on my own what must happen to people after weeks/months/years? Jeez, terrifying to think...

Due to a glitch in financial planning I ended up having absolutely no money for 4 days straight, which is really kind of Zen in its own way... interesting. Challenging. A bit unnerving to being with, but so long as there is a bicycle, books, ink and the internet on-hand it isn't all that bad.

The other day I was walking through a flea market a few days ago and saw a CD titled Celine Dion and Anne Geddes... just take a second to think about that... what that might be... WHY WHY WHY didn't I pick it up and look at it, I only saw the label on the side of the case and practically ran out of fear... now, I man never have the opportunity to experience what that dynamic duo would've produced with their powers combined... meahwhile, I subscribed to the Anne Geddes baby fotos feed on my google homepage, it is out of control... I honestly thing there should be a retrospective of her work in a big fancy art museum someday, it is truly... (words fail me)

Ok, furthermore, wierd news I have found this morning:


Teach Your Children Well: Or, teach them... something
Teachers Stage Fake Gunman Attack on Students in Tennesee, seriosly- what the hell were they thinking?


Mutation:
Peruvian 5-year-old gives birth (1939)

Owner Lay Dead while pair toured Home: nightmarish.


Cancer:
Over 200 common Carcinogens - oh, great. (recent study, L.A. TImes)

Music: "U.K. Music Label Creates a Vinyl-MP3 Hybrid" from WIRED


Hating on the Jews: Anti-Semitism in the Ukraine

NOTE TO GOOGLE ITSELF
or rather whoever the all-seeing Googlemonster eye is who checks my blog fairly regularly now)- this can be looking into by googling "info:YOUR-URL-HERE" and clicking on google's cache below.)
OK:ISSUE: I have 2 Gmail accounts, therefore 2 iGoogle homepage accts which I check for news, etc. but only one blog connected to one of my gmail accts, but every goddamn time I log out of my gmail account it ALSO logs me out of my blog in another tab in Firefox, GRRrrr! THat is frustrating, can something be done about that? Probably not, but it is one of the only annoyances I have with Google software, not that big of a deal really-

Labels:

Google Book Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home