Friday, November 30, 2007

Post Titled:
When The Future was Now

My brilliant co-worker, Dan, unearthed this article from a 1901 edition of the Ladies Home Journal Called
WHAT MAY HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HUNDRED YEARS by John Elfreth Watkins Jr.

My response: "Jeez, I wouldn't even venture to say what will happen in the NEXT hundred years, could be anything. We will probably see our medical treatments as barbaric and laugh at things like String Theory..."
Dan: "IF we're still around-"
Me: "Right"
Dan: "But, actually, you never know, WE ourselves might still be around."
Me: "Ja, saying: Pleaaase kill me, I've had enough! No I don't want another pair of replacement lungs!"

speaking of GUT -related bignesses and whatnot: "Surfer dude stuns physicists with theory of everything" and his theory is called "An Exceptionally Simple Theory of Everything" by Garett Lisi which is related to this, an E8:

which, although it appears to be a flag that an old hippie might have hanging on the front porch in solidarity for or against some human rights movement, it is actually a diagram of some 8-dimensional mathematical craziness which I cannot possibly understand, but feel free to give it a go...

Labels:

Google Book Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home