Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Post Titled: A Whiter Shade of Pale
Procol Harem

As mentioned in previous posts, when I ride my bike I listen to Girl Talk a lot in my headphones, it just goes well with the urban scenery flying by. Listening to Girl Talk, however, is a sometimes nightmarish -and occasionally trivial- pursuit for ye ol' human pop culture memory brainsearchharddrive. On the new album,
"Feed The Animals" , I can pick out almost everything, it is much much easier than Nightripper- (DO click here to check out the massive list of sampled artists on the album) but sometimes the most simple-seeming and would be obvious things escape you- for example: the song "Still Here" an organ intro came into a song yesterday, and for the next 36 hours, I was thinking "I know that.. I KNOW that song..." waking up from a nap it immediately popped into my head:
guess it could've just wikipedia'd it to begin with, but that would've deprived me of that sweet agony of having something on the tip of your tonunge/brain for extended periods of time...

Labels:

Google Book Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home