Monday, May 18, 2009

Post Titled: the Scifiologist in Summer...
on the ufer yesterday I bump into my former co-worker, a charming gentleman from Wales and his friend who was visiting from out of town.
The friend just happened to be wearing a stencilled shirt with not one but two Imperial Probe Droids on it...
I'm not one to care or notice clothes or fashion all that much, but at this point I start having hot flashes:
"Whoawhoawhoa-! Did you make your shirt??"
"Uhm, my friend made it..."
"Does he have a website!?"
"He probably does..."

by that point I was seriosly considering having the imperial probe droid tatooed somethere on my body...
I think that I have the same reaction so many a sci-fi charachter as most people might have towards... hmm, an aurora borealis or a beautiful woman, perhaps...

I was a member of the Lucasfilm Fan Club in Jr. High, and lemme tell you- there wasn't much to report around then... Willow was 1988, and the Star wars re-releases weren't until -what-1997? that is a 9 year gap where there was a whole lotta nothing going on, but nevertheless, they had a magazine.
So, I ask you, dear blogosphere, who can hand me my honorary PhD in Sci-Fiology?

by the way, i just discovered that "robot" means "to work" in Russian...

Labels:

Google Book Search

1 Comments:

Anonymous DLR said...

Sadly, I know that the University of Glamorgan in Wales (see, it all fits together... I blame Dafydd) has a Masters program in Sci-fi.

If I could design a Pulpable degree program, I'd waive your fees and let you in...

9:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home