Friday, September 15, 2006

came home last night and there was a flurry of news on the BBC regarding the Pope having made a speech that was percieved to be offensive my many Muslims around the world... this upset me deeply somehow... I guess I'm used to having the government and the politicians say thoughtless things, but not the so-called "pope"... granted there are all the issues where the Catholic Church and I go our separate ways, but overall I like to think of the church as a vagely kinda-sorta force of good in the world, and there is evidence of that, but I've never liked this new pope... he resembles "the Emperor" (from Star Wars) so much that I half expect him to shove back his sleeves and shoot blue lightning from his fingers.
Google Book Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home