Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Post Titled: "Electromagnetic Waves may damage the cells that produce testosterone" (girl, does that explain Metrosexuality? Does it matter? Not really.)



I stumbled upon a german radio love-life-talk-show(sounded a lot like Loveline) except that it was called "9-11" (the # you call) and the girl in the jingle kept singing 'Nine-Eleven, it's Nine Eleven time! Nine-Eleven, it's Nine Eleven time! Woo-Hoo!' or something like that in english, which means nothing in german because they have their days first then the month then year , (like, I think today is Nov. 8, which would be 8.11.2006) but to me it was freakishly creepy.

Nadine came back from Frankfurt which is good because I was crawling up the walls. I drew a political cartoon in Photoshop regarding the coming German Sales Tax hikes (from 16 to 19% on everything- oucH! Good thing I'm not planning on buying a house or a car anytime soon) The first version of the cartoon was much more engaging, but I left my computer unplugged so it shut down and I lost it, this is a recreation which lacks the charm of the first:


Dad sent a bunch of good articles which he clipped from THE DAILY TELEGRAPH, which kind of made me sad because although I never read the newspaper- too much text- I wouldn't mind having such a wealth of information is such a tangible format at my fingertips, especially since surfing the internet just ins't something I'm ever doing these days. One was on David Hockney, who- I'll admit, I didn't know much about. Another about British playwright Sarah Kane and her continued influence on the Berlin theatre scene, one about how mobile use has been linked to lower sperm count and poorer quality sperm, and a final one about how Julian Opie is making a mint off of his prints (think BLUR's BEST OF album cover- the simple plank-eye'd cartoons, he does that, that's what he does. Ugh.)

Three songs which are guaranteed to play on the radio here: 'Forever Young', 'Heart of Gold', Takin' it Easy' and 'We built this city on Rock n' Roll'

Must go to the embassy today to swear that I've never been married before... and resist that urge to say '- yea, -well except for that one time in VEGAS, but you know- what HAPPENS in VEAAAAGAS STAYS in Vegas, heh ñ you seen those ads right?'

The constant WHOOSH-ing of a blowtorch can always be heard outside. This has been going on for at least 4 days. I finally figured out that they're tarring a roof nextdoor. Ick! why use that stuff at a building material? I just think of dinosaurs getting trapped in tar pits...
Google Book Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home