Thursday, February 01, 2007

Post Titled: DOB revisited.
Almost 5 years now after the Superflat shows in the states (or has it been longer?) I was looking into Takashi Murakami on the internet and came across this quote:

"DOB is a self-portrait of the Japanese people," explains Murakami, 37, "He is cute but has no meaning and understands nothing of life, sex, or reality."



Makes me wonder... is it ok to be brutally critical and borderline racist when it comes to your own people... I thought I couldn't stand American Society, but after 4 months in Berlin, I find myself growling at the way things are done here as well... I think I just can't stand many basic aspects of society as a whole... alas, *yawn*
Oh well. There are plenty of good movies to watch and books to read and music to listen to and pretty girls roaming the earth... it that is all the meaning I can squeeze out of life at the momentthan sobeit.http://www.artbr.com.br/takashimurakami/
Meanwhile I will sell the shirt I bought at the SUPERFLAT show in LA on eBay because... I don't care for it too much anymore...

Labels:

Google Book Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home