Thursday, February 22, 2007

Post Titled: Home SIck
I am home sick today, but they pulled a giant squid out of the Arctic Ocean in New Zealand. and apparently monkies used spears...

Special reprot just in from Vern-Dawg: (normally I wouldn"t blog about Pop gossip, but this is an exception. BRITNEY GOES MAD at K.Fed's over not being able to see the kids.

I went back to the Bezirksamt yesterday, feeling crappy but bringing a book this time- which is a must. My first visit to the old Bezirksamt (see Nov. 1 posting) was overwhelming, mainly because I was dazzled by the beaurocracy, like a fairy tale...
this time around I sat and minded my own business with my nose in a book. It wasn't until this goofy Turkish guy in his early 30's, (a tough-guy type now reduced to complete infantastic helplessness by a bunch of forms he was required to fill out) started asking me for help (again!) that I even had any interaction with anyone.
"Hey, hey -my friend"
"Yes?"
"You know how to do these papers?"
He put his papers against the wall to fill them out, constantly dropping them and then continually fropping the pen I lent him until it broke, but was still semi-usable. All was going smoothly until we realized that his Passport had expired in April of 2005. I tried to play it off cool- as if I didn't understand the turkish text "Uh, kann nicht wahr sein, hmm, uhh..."
then it was my turn to go in and i was saved from his embarassment.
After the hour and a half wait I realized that I have forgotten the rental agreement for the new apartment, but the lady was nice enough to offer that if I hurried home and back I wouldn"t have to wait in line again and could come directly to her.
I fully took advantage of this, practically sprinting home and then back, filling in all the empty spaces in out copy of the rental contract on the U-Bahn along the way and all was well, I am re-angemeldet at our new address, with a date of 22.Feb, 2007- which can only work in my advantage... the whole system is beyond me, really. THere is no right way of doing things, one must simply roll with the Amtlichen punches.
Now that I am home sick again today, I might consider another go at the Auslaenderbehoerde... the funnest place on earth.

8 PM, the Auslaenderbehoerde was closed BUT I got a tax number at the Finanzamt instead! I can kind of work kind of legally now!
(or at least get paid)
whew.

Labels: ,

Google Book Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home