Monday, May 14, 2007

Post Titled: Schon Genug!!! and Online Glitches!
(an email sent to my family)
"Ok,. so I finalllly got my university transcript ordered! It is soo frustrating, because of a glitch in the credit card processing system I had to change my official bank acct. phone number from my german handy # to your cellphone #, not that they will ever call- but it is so annoying), because the phone # has to match a stateside number even if the address is an APO, and I use mom and dad's address because with (BANK) you have to have an American address,-will they EVER get it right with APO,AE in these online forms?!?? ANyhow, unless somethign awful happens I printed, signed, and scanned the pdf back -and my transcript will hopefully arrive as soon as possible so I can get the gears tolling with everything all over again... hopefully I won't have to have it translated- which would set me back another €40-50, but it is possible... actually, I probably will -ugh.
I was complaining about the Germans operating with 1950s-era beurocratic technology, having everything in bulky paper folders , walls full of stasi-style organisation, and nothing online and nothing and no one ever really accesssible, but strangely enough the Registrar having outsourced itself to HERDON, VA (where we used to live- believe it or not) really isn't any more efficient or easy... but at least it feels like something is gettnig done. the ausländerbehorden was supposed to call my work to confirm that my job was real, but as of a week we have heard nothing, lovely little "Don't call us, we'll call you- and, oh, actually there isn't really any way to call us anyhow, so don't bother trying." Nadine and I discovered why the process takes so long, or at least part of the reason, we wandred in when the number had changed in the waiting room into this tiny little space where you cna talk to one of the Beamter through the glass, except there was no one there ot meet us and no bell to ring or anyhing like that and we overheard all these women who work there chatting about dinner recipies for 5 minutes before they even realized that we were waiting... grrrr. No wonder everything takes a half day of waiting to even get the paperwork in-process and then at least a month to get done."
Google Book Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home