Monday, August 06, 2007

Post Titled: other side of the world.

This morning while, google-scouring the internet for interesting things, I randomly came across this report about sailing to French Polynesia- sprinkled with history, fun quick read.
Where is this in the world?... south pacific... uhm...

Oh sh*t- this just in: GOOGLEPHONE prototype.
In other important news I was very dissapointed to learn that Princess Leia is a LIAR. Buckling under pressure:
"No! Alderaan is peaceful. We have no weapons! You can't possibly...!"
"You would prefer another target? A military target? Then name the system!"

On Wikipedia's Alderaan page: "Despite her protests of Alderaan being a peaceful world with no weapons, the film's novelization states that the planet had armaments as strong as any ..."
then again, -Carrie Fisher claims to have been so effed-up on drugs while filming that movie she probably wouldn't remember/would've said just about anything.

THIS TIME MAGAZINE ARTICLE "Who's Really Participating in Web 2.0" is calling you a sheep, what are you going to do about that?:
"But the latest data on Internet participation reveals that only a very small percentage of Internet activity is related to users creating and publishing content. The 80/20 rule, also known as the Pareto Principle, states that 80% of all consequences stem from 20% of the causes. If true, the rule would then suggest that 80% of this new form of content is created by 20% of the users. The rule, subject of countless business books, has no application when it comes to consumer-generated content. Far less than 1% of visits to most sites that thrive on user-created materials are attributable as participatory, the remaining 99% are passive visits. According to Hitwise, only 0.2% of visits to YouTube are users uploading a video, 0.05% visits to Google Video include uploaded videos and 0.16% of Flickr visits are people posting photos. Only the social encyclopedia Wikipedia shows a significant amount of participation, with 4.56% of visits to the site resulting in content editing."
surprising, since it takes longer to edit wikipedia than upload photos...


Google Book Search


Post a Comment

<< Home