Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Post Titled: capitalism in europe.
I go to the Video World on Kottbusser Damm, there is a large compact disc polishing/repairing machine behind the counter- I never see it in use, nevertheless they scold me often when they think I may have set the dvd down on a surface other than its protective sleeve/case.
I ask: "hey, you repair scratched cds?"
"no."
"but how much would it cost to repair a scratched cd?"
"we don't do it."
"but how much would you charge to repair one?..."
"we... we don't... the machine is just for cleaning and repairing our own DVDs"
(me thinking: but it is in plain sight, you could earn an extra €50 a day while it just sits there...)
me, shrugging while I get a blank stare: "ok..."

(3 hours later...) this post actually inspired me to write to the head of Video World, Andreas Zachrau, in my very best Kreuzbergisch:

Subject: Video World geschäftsidee vorschlag
Lieber Herr Zachrau,
Ich gehe oft zu Video World am Kottbusser Damm, die mitarbeiter da sind toll und alles ist gut- nür gute erfahrung, ABER ich hab auch gesehen das es gibt eine CD/DVD polieren/reparieren maschine da- und ich hab gefragt ob es möglich um CDs/DVDs dahin zu bringen um die zu reparieren, aber die colleage hat "nein" gesagt, und ich dachte wenn jedes Video World so eine apparat hat, und ich könnte meine beschädigite CDs oder DVDs abgeben (vielleicht €1 oder €2 bezahlen für die Erneuerung-dienst) wann ich eine Film hole und abholen wann ich den Film wieder zurück bringe -das wäre toll, und jedes Video World laden könnte pro Tag viel mehr geld verdienen mit diesem service.
Was denken sie?


hmmm...p.s.
Now that i have written that I relaise that I need to write a follow up message about the extremely-un-erotic sihlouettes on their huge erotic bilboards in the front window... I will foto that. Seriously, it is bad.

Labels:

Google Book Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home