Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Post Titled: Need the Eggs...
(and here we enter territory which Post-Google rarely dares to tread...)

In my social sphere 2008 has been the year of the big bad breakup (marriages, engaged couples, etc.) it is going off like everywhere -just like New Years fireworks in Reykjavik- An old friend of mine had a very bad break-up recently, so to blow off steam and mull over the boy-girl issues she has started blogging. I usually read her posts somewhat helplessly, but today I was kind of able to respond:

Her:
Montag, September 22, 2008 - 1:32
So over men...

What is it with men? Why do they constantly disappoint?

If men and women were created to partner, why were they created so differently? It's impossible!

I don't think we were created to partner. It was intended for man and woman to mate to reproduce. And, so that they don't stay together for long periods of time, so that they can reproduce with many different mates, men were created to be assholes.

If only women were created to not care."


(mhh, guess that assumes we were created. anyhow)

Me: When I have this argument in my own head then I always fall back on what Woody Allen says at the end of Annie Hall: "After that it got pretty late, and we both had to go, but it was great seeing Annie again. I... I realized what a terrific person she was, and... and how much fun it was just knowing her; and I... I, I thought of that old joke, y'know, this guy goes to a psychiatrist and says, "Doc, uh, my brother's crazy; he thinks he's a chicken." And, uh, the doctor says, "Well, why don't you turn him in?" The guy says, "I would, but I need the eggs." Well, I guess that's pretty much now how I feel about relationships; y'know, they're totally irrational, and crazy, and absurd, and... but, uh, I guess we keep goin' through it because, uh, most of us... need the eggs."

Anyhow, coincidentally I watched this yesterday, an it kind-of helped overall... or at least I felt better about the ridiculousness and importance of male-female interaction

if the embed didn't work then here is the link "Helen Fisher: The brain in love" TED TALKs

Labels:

Google Book Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home