Saturday, October 21, 2006

Post Titled: Domestic Carpetbombing now in-season.

Ive only been to the mecca of domestic bliss known as "IKEA" (eee-kay-ah) once before (in Saarbrücken with Nadine long ago) so on this,my second trip, yesterday morning I seemed to feel the need to document the entire experience... not that it isnät doncument-worthy, it was just overwhelming, especially if one isnät used to such mega-shopolises. colorful, though I liked that. We tried out a dozen beds, like in a movie or something...


Ok, but the paintings- jesus. 59€ for some mass-produced sh°tty litho, which IKEA so delicately pins the pricetag THROUGH on the display. Wow. hmm... dothey even merit a complaint letter for that one? Nope, waste of time.

Fighting traffic all the way while sucessfully navigating with a detailed tourist map we found on the ground (the car was borrowed, we usually arenät driving here) we made it to the Olimpienstation which is super fascist, pribablz beause it was built by Nazis, but it is imposing nevertheless, Iäll get closer fotos someday... but for now:

The river just before I got caught and fined on the U-Bahn:

APPARENTLY here a day is not 24 hours, but actually 9-5. Same with the video store, rentals are 2 days if you rent the movie and bring it back the next day... which is complete bullsh°t. In other words, a "workday" is a day, so when I buy a 7-Day ticket for the metro it is NOT 24 hours X 7, but rather just 7 wordays... I donät know whether Iäm goingto pay the fine, I was stupid to give them my actual address here, but you never know witht hese faschists. heh# Either way it was embarassing, and I didnät bother arguing, but the FIEN is almost the smae price as a month's ticket, so it is pretty awful, really. I was mad at myself AND the man for hours. La dee da.

There is a huge protest down at the Brandenburger Tor tonight, I'm debating about whether to attend just for entertainment value, I donät even know what is being protested, workers rights or something? Taxes?
Google Book Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home