Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Post Titled: Berlin Berlin
Post Subtitled: I'd like to thank the members of the academy, and...
OOOh, BRRRRRHHHH
It was freeeeezing freeeeeezing cold today, dog poop was even frozen in little pellets on the sidewalk so when I accidentally kicked it it rolled away (but to my dissapointment did not shatter)
I got out of work, went to the library and got Kurosawa's RAN (still haven't seen) renewed Schwarze Früling (Black Spring) by Henry Miller, and a few others.
At work I got a copy of today's Financial Times in German, and after work and 2nd work I was back on the U-Bahn (subway) with my big black hood still on becuase it was so damn cold and halfway between Mehringdamm and Hermannplatz I realized that people were staring at me, probably because I looked like some ghetto-ass kid hiding under a hood totally absorbed in ePlus#s rate hikes behing the pale salmon-colored pages of FT.
Please allow me to get mushy here:
Thanks to some help from my friends (MANÜ, VERN! everybody who bought a painting: Amber H., Jer J., Susanne J., Shivani P., J.Scott, J. Telly and BF, Tim & Brenda, Ms. Bagnaschi -THANKS PEOPLE! shit, am I leaving anyone out? Mr. Mumm, where u at?) life and this transition might just be ok afterall... and certain doom(s) avoided...long story. BUT THANK YOU ALL!
"I get by with a little help from my friends" (you know that one)

Amazingly enough during an encounter(well, first an phone conversation with Rob whose question was "HOW did you get angemeldet, you have to have a VISA to do that?!" and then David, the Swedish guy at 2nd job "Oh, how'd you get a tax number?!" I have no idea... but with these two things I can live and work in Germany and for the ime being that is all that matters... I have no idea how the heck it all happened... but that is everone's story here
"How are you able to be here???"
"Uh, well, I don't know- I just... am, kind of..." ahm... ja.

Berlin Berlin.
Wierd to be a real live immigrant...
Ok, and to top this sappy post off here is some sappy Justin Timberlake, on these cold, wet gray days I have ben listening to the CD Future Sex/Love Sounds that nadine bought me as a joke for christmas and I hance and sing a bit in the U-Bahn and down the street and on elevators and all is well in the world before and after the 12 hour workdays around this harsh and lovely city... so here it is, say cheese:

DISCLAIMER: John, I KNOW it is bad!
Whoa, this old guy just walked into the Turkish-owned internet cafe where I sit and started shouting "Heil Hitler!!", then stumbled out but had he stayed any longer everyone in the room was on the edge of their seats ready to jump him... heeeectic.

Labels:

Google Book Search

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Hope you liked RAN. I like Kaede´s character, the scene where she confront her brother in law, and have sex with him. The sound of her clothes when she walk...I LOVE KING LEAR, and this picture is so JAPANESE...

2:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home