Thursday, February 08, 2007

Post Titled: Crazy Astronaut News from Bubba!
THat's right, check it out
astronaut charged with attempted murder of another astronaut in a love triangle with a male astronaut

wow. thanks bubba.

and a fun discovery this morning: SLANG CITY, and here a translation of MOS DEF'S GHETTO ROCK from slang to proper english for those of us who are Ghetto-challenged. Like me. (Damn, I love that song though.)
(see full video below)

So, Nadine and I are now happy residents of a huge apartment at Schönleinstraße 7 (Kreuzberg) that needs a LOT of work, I spent hours sweeping and mopping last night which is merely a snowflake resting on the tip of the iceberg. We have so much space and there is so much to be done that it is truly daunting, but it will be fun- because by the time we are done with it it will be amazing. There were layers of dust, mostly from the half-completed rennovation, and what might be called grime- many unidentifiable dirtinesses

In other news I did an interview for my first article here at the magazine, which I am very excited about. I used my trusty Olympus digital audio voice recorder held fast to the reciever, unfortunately it was practically full with audio from my Grandparents, friends and first month in Berlin. I ran out of space about two-thirds the way through and jotted like a madman for the rest. Now, to put it all together for tomorrow's deadline... the article is tentatively titled "Anti-Smokey smoke from coast to coast" partly from the song:

MOS DEF: GHETTO ROCK


I never really know how to feel about MOS DEF's recent rise to movie stardom... if you can call it that... the Woodsman, that HBO movie about baby heart transplants that was really good... Hitchiker's Guide and 16 Blocks... dunno, it is very double-sided. But he is a better actor than most other hip-hop personalities turned actors... i.e. LL Cool J, Ludacris, Ice Cube, ... but perhaps not Ice T...

Labels:

Google Book Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home