Friday, February 16, 2007

Post Titled: Wi-Fi and Coal Heating
the great irony of Berlin (which, in a way, seems to ring true in europe overall ) and this is something I have joked about before: I now have wireless internet and coal heating... and all of europe exists between these oldest and newest world things...
Nadinechen in the new Apartment:


MEAHWHILE, over these last few days another little something has come to light- the simple differences found in a german workplace... (George, feel free to pretend not to have read this)- but the day is littered here and there with looking up inappropriate things on the internet and making raunchy jokes between the office folks and whatnot... and then I go into the kitchen area at work and there is a naked woman on the front of the newspaper (BILD) and on the subway posters and I have flashbacks of being 13 and seeing all this for the first time and it dawns on me- oh, duh, one of the good things about Germany, there are still human beings here, and bodies are just bodies and men are just men and women are just women... I don't know how to explain it really, but I have always appreciated... the fact that nobody is in danger of being sued for sexual harrassment at work because somehow people self-regulate... instead of pretent that we live in a perfect PC utopia... let me see if I can't find some of those trashy BILD girls to include here... thus making my own blog inappropriate to look at in an American work environment:::
AH, yes, ripped from their blog here are a few darling examples of the pure tastelessness of BILD Zeitung, "POLICE ARE SEARCHING FOR THESE BREASTS!"
oops.

Labels:

Google Book Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home