Friday, April 11, 2008

Post Titled: tax me.

It is true... German taxes... (*sniff-sniff, whimper*) I got a €100 raise from from last month to this month and APPARENTLY €46,51 of it went straight to taxes. Awesome. Very encouraging. That makes me really want to work more.
OR: Why not just give ALL of EVERYONE's money to the government and just give me a voucher booklet, that's all I really need- an effing booklet full of coffee and milk and fruit and cheese and coal and beer and bike repair vouchers and I#ll be just effing fine, guys...
I know I know, I have been warned of the insulting nature of the German tax Monster- it IS insulting to the individual, and then... hmm... has the potential to kill the will. BUT on the other hand there is the cutthroat capitalist method- where you are dying in a gutter and no one rally gives a damn... hmmm.

Labels:

Google Book Search

1 Comments:

Blogger Helen DeWitt said...

God. Maybe I SHOULD go back to Britain to work.

4:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home