Thursday, May 15, 2008

Post Titled: Kreuzberg Feuer 14. Mai 2008
last night: bike: flat tire, not paying attention on the u-bahn because I am SMS-ing, miss my stop, backtrack, then rushing all the way -very late now- to meet Helen at the Freischwimmer for talk, beer, exchange of anglo-products, and as the U1 made its way from Kottbusser Tor to Schlesisches Tor right out the window I saw a huge plume of black smoke billowing up from nearby- I could not stop looking at this, even as i WALKED UP Schlesisches straße I kept turning around to walk backwards- watching as the fire grew and invaded the street as well... and the smoke mixed with the pink-orange sunset... ironically listening to Tiny Vipers' "Campfire Resemblance" in my headphones while the sky filled with smoke. HERE are some early fotos from farther away... and MORE from BILD.de- crap newspaper
It said this morning that it was a paper factory which was burning and firemen used water from the river to put our the fire, -yuck.

Labels:

Google Book Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home