Tuesday, November 02, 2010

I went to the Yeasayer Berlin show at Maria am Ostbahnhof in full Heath Ledger Joker costume only to find that i was one of perhaps 3-4 people dressed up (like less than, uhm, 1% of the crowd... wich made it somewhere between awkward and awesome. Double-takes, photos, etc.)
However I did get a shout-out from the bassist before he left the stage at the end of the show. He pointed and said "Hey, there's Joker!" Kind of rad
I deliberated long and hard about doing this costume fot the third year in a row, but honestly my inner obsessiveness compelled me to do it again - as I just explained to a friend "mainly because I was so dissapointed with my costume last lear - it just wasn't what I wanted - but this year it was like 99% spot-on (as opposed to last year being about 65%). My make-up took over 3 hours to do and I even bought brown contact lenses... (yikes. you'd think I have better things to do with my time... and I do but I also
I just fraking love Halloween & Batman)" I do. and in Berlin it is hard to Have a great Halloween... I donät know why. Although the night before the Yeasayer concert we did go to the Peres Projects Halloween party (see: ZOMBIE BIKERS FROM MARS) and that was amazing. Decorations, music, costumes and a dance performance by a tiny dancer named
Helga Wretman... oh, and there was a 10-foot tall ninja girl (whoim I couldnät figure out if they'd hired or if she was just an amazing circus freak. I also befriended the German Kieth Richards, a saxophone teacher. If anyone has photos please contact me, I don't. note: Joker kostüm Kreuzberg neukölln berlin 2010.

Labels: , ,

Google Book Search

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some of my favoriate songs: Walk A Mile In My Shoes - By Elvis Presley, Say Aah - By Trey Songz, Yesterday - By The Beatles, Stayin' Alive - By The Bee Gees, Lay Me Down - By Dirty Heads, Life After You - By Daughtry, Oh - By Pretty Woman, For What It's Worth - By Buffalo Springfield, Break Your Heart - By Taio Cruz, This Too Shall Pass - By Ok Go, What's Love Got To Do With It - By Tina Turner, You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' - By The Righteous Brothers, Nothin' On You [Feat. Bruno Mars] - By B.o.B, Bulletproof - By La Roux, Mack the Knife - By Bobby Darin, Why Do Fools Fall In Love - By Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers. You can listen to these [url=http://my-music-downloads.com/]Free MP3 Music[/url] Online for free.

11:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is a list of my favoriate songs: She Won't Be Lonely Long - By Clay Walker, Party In The U.S.A. - By Miley Cyrus, Wonderful World - By Sam Cooke, In Bloom - By Nirvana, Viva La Vida - By Coldplay, Mars Vs. Venus - By Usher, Whipping Post - By The Allman Brothers Band, Bitter Sweet Symphony - By The Verve, Naturally - By Selena Gomez And The Scene, Resistance - By Muse, Tangled Up in Blue - By Bob Dylan, You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' - By The Righteous Brothers, Everything To Me - By Monica, Just Dance - By Lady Gaga, Be-Bop-A-Lula - By Gene Vincent and His Blue Caps, Eight Miles High - By The Byrds. You can listen to these [url=http://e-music-downloads.com/]Free MP3 Music[/url] Online for free.

5:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home