Sunday, September 17, 2006

Point of Contention. the Mayor of SF... there's no bigger waste of time that waging a war on graffitti. (Ja,ok, so maybe there ARE bigger wastes of time... ) Wish I could find the letter/response from Mayor Nickels' office... it was absurd. Basically saying that grafitti removal was a top priority to quelch gang-turf warfare... Yea, because Seattle obviously is one big gang warzone... jackass. I often wish kids would JUST tag the graffitti removal guys' trucks, so the guy just spent all of his time washing his own truck, "now wouldn't that just be _____?" (couldn't think of a word.)
But really, why do kids tag sculptures adn small businesses? GO COST THE BAD GUYS SOME EXTRA MONEY if yer gonna do that stuff, k? Shoot-
Oh, just found my new favorite: "adhd"

(the guy in the phone booth almost had a heart attack when I took his photo without asking, but I think he'll live... actually he was just really unconfortable.)

REGARDING NEWER URBAN LEGENDS (or ALL THE WORLD'S A SCAM)
I just got another "Bill Gates is giving away money if you forward this" email... I get these about once a year, as I can imagine anyone might, but reading it this time I realize just how much the content truly and attractively snares and/or seduces one's basic wants, desparations and drives, namely: "I can get paid for basically doing nothing???, whoooa." and "WHoa-one of the richest guys in the world is GIVING away money, and all I have to is forward this email to as many people as possible thenget real paid?!?" Uhm,- so yeah, there are some problems here... a lot of problems... I mean, As far as I know- you can't even TRACK email in the way they say it will be tracked, can you?... and usually isn't beta-testing programs usually done on a volunteer basis through friends, friends of friends and family of Microsoft employees? Dunno, more urban legends... It's so wierd, makes one stop and think: WHY would any wealthy person ever ever ever give away money like this, it isn't even remotely plausible, but solething in ut struly wants to believe thst out of all the spam and scams we get, this one is for real.
anyhow- here's the content, even sprinkles with little personal narratives to make it seem more legit and get one's hopes up- BUT WHAT IS THE TRUE PURPOSE OF THESE, I have nooo idea...
HERE IT IS FILLING SPACE IN MY BLOG...(Note, I have hilighted the loaded phrases):
"
Hello Everyone,

I normally don't forward these kinds of e-mails, but after reading I figured why not. If this e-mail cause you any inconvenience please, forgive me.

Danny D

Hi Everyone. The person that sent this to me is a very trusted, professional friend of my husband. If this is true I would only want to share it with you! Enjoy!
Read carefully...
THIS TOOK TWO PAGES OF THE TUESDAY USA TODAY -
IT IS FOR REAL
To all of my friends
, I do not usually forward messages,
But this is from my friend Pearlas Sandborn and she really is an attorney.
If she says that this will work - It will work.
After all, what have you got to lose?

SORRY EVERYBODY.. JUST HAD TO TAKE THE CHANCE!!!
I'm an attorney, And I know the law. This thing is for real. Rest assuredAOL and &nbs p; Intel will follow through with their promises for fear of facing a multimillion-dollar class-action suit similar to the one filed by PepsiCo against General Electric not too long ago.
Dear Friends: Please do not take this for a junk letter.Bill Gates is sharing his fortune. If you ignore this, You will repent later.
Microsoft and AOL are now the largest Internet companies and in an effort to make sure that Internet Explorer remains the most widely used program, Microsoft and AOL are running an e-mail beta test.
When you forward this e-mail to friends, Microsoft can and will track it (If you are a Microsoft Windows user) for a two week time period.For every person that you forward this e-mail to, Microsoft will pay you $245.00 For every person that you sent it to that forwards it on, Microsoft will pay you $243.00 and for every third person that receives it, You will be paid $241.00. Within two weeks, Microsoft will contact you for your address and then send you a check.
Regards.
Charles S Bailey General Manager Field Operations 1-800-842-2332 Ext. 1085 or 904-1085 or RNX 292-1085 Thought this was a scam myself, But two weeks after receiving this e-mail and forwarding it on. Microsoft contacted me for my address and within days, I received a check for $24, 800.00. You need to respond before the beta testing is over. If anyone can afford this, Bill Gates is the man. It's all marketing expense to him. Please forward this to as many people as possible. You are bound to get at least $10, 000.00 We're not going to help them out with their e-mail beta test without getting a little something for our time. My brother's girlfriend got in on this a few months ago. When I went to visit him for the Baylor/UT game, she showed me her check. It was for the sum of $4,324.44 and was stamped "Paid In Full"

Oh cruel, silly world, heh,...

12 Hours Later...
OH- THanks Mr. Kohler for crushing all our dreams with this and this...it's still a cruel silly world, though. Which brings me right back to the point... what is all this (spam) for?... to make us believe that life offers such outlandish opportunities?... keine ahnung, dahrling.
Google Book Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home