Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Post Titled: ouch, deep Autumn!

Claire sent this interestig link regarding Berlin Street food, which is quite brilliant. One could live fairly cheaply, and I do miss döners- alas, the meat probably isn't anything but hooves and tails anyhow.
GOOD MORNING! (or is it?)


I had another German Beurocratic Adventure/Excursion yesterday to the Office-of-Dealing-with-Foreigners (or some such name) each level was lumped into different people, for example I was on Z6 with Blackafrica, Israel, North-South-and-Middle Amerika and a few Asian countries. Fortunately I didnät arrive until 3 minutes before they closed so there was no line and they printed all my forms for me because the link on their site to the forms was actually bunk (apparently they werenät aware of this) but overall: MORE GOOGINESS! These beurocratic types in berlin are completely silly, which makes no kind of sense at all! Where's that Kafka-esque experience I always brace for? Why am I not held for questioning and curled up in a ball in the corner of a room bleeding from my ears adn nose? Thatäs wat I thought all this German government paperwork stuff woukd be but thus far it has just been encounters with large labyrinthine government buildings and silly little bibbly ladies chatting and typing at their desks, hmm... mighty suspicious...

More articles from dad clipped from the daily telegraph which I devoured in a matter of 15 minutes. I never find the american papers to be so interesting or engging, I think it is the writing. Very colourful and interesting.

(nadine typing away)

Regarding the last (lost) post
I had a job interview with a very intense Englishman in a lounge at the Sony Center in Potsdamer Platz on Saturday.
at the end of the interview we stood there, he in his long black wool overcoat saying:
"It looks just loke Blade Runner..."
"Think so?..."
Looking out on the glass ad steel and modernity with black Mercedes speeding through the rain"
"All of Berlin looks like Blade Runner..."

I'll find out in a matter of days wheather I got the job, cross your fingers...
Google Book Search

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's with the taking pictures of Nadine sleeping and you in your skivvies?

Pervert

10:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home