Thursday, August 21, 2008

Post Titled: Holy Screenplay Conundrum, Batman!
(ok, so I realize how absolutely cheese-ridden that post title is. -whaddesle you gonna do?)

Can barely focus at work today because Batman was so damn cool, but now- I'm wondering: Christian Bale (of Newsies fame) is signed for a third... but WHO THE HECK is gonna be the villain? Johannes and i were positively wracking our brains until 3am trying to figure out:

A. Who could possibly top Heath Ledger's Joker,
B. Who (of the villains) is left AND feasible-
C. If they might to the Knightfall "Breaking of the Bat" storyline with Bane (ok, I was the only one wondering that.

other things left hanging:
did this role kill Mr. Ledger? I am tempted to say yes, or at least it lead him down the path to his accidental death... I think Jack Nicholson implied as much as well. Then- there is that interview during/after filming where he definitely seems a bit off...
and...
what i up with the YouTube video I saw of Heath Ledger as Joker escaping Arkham Asylum,... was that some fake fan video?... or just a figment of my imagination...?

... not able to unravel this via WIKIPEDIA yet...


but how cute are baby sea turtles???
Google Book Search

5 Comments:

Blogger Mithridates said...

I have two words for you: Daniel Day Lewis.

Three.

12:41 am  
Blogger "Post-Google" by TAR ART RAT said...

Daniel Day Lewis... starring as... as... not the Riddler, not the Penguin, probably not King Tut... hm. See? Can't get it.

9:13 am  
Blogger Mithridates said...

He could be Poison Ivy or Dr Freeze or the Kabuki twins some inclement weather that throws Batman into depression, it doesn't matter. He could play Robin. He could play a resurrected Rachel Dawes as Catwoman. I really hope they leave Robin out.

I would think that Penguin is the next natural choice - because the Nolans emphasize doubles and shadows, and Oswald Cobblepot is also a billionaire, like Bruce Wayne, as is the inversion of everything Batman stands for. I imagine in this plot the Penguin becomes Gotham's hero, a pseudo philanthropist, and Batman continues his role as pseudo villain. Paul Giamatti would probably be on the short list. If the Riddler is one of the villains, my vote goes with Sean Penn or maybe Sacha Baron Cohen; it could be a breakout role for Cohen, playing somebody funny and dark. OR OR OR, oh: I think Casey Affleck, who was a genius in The Assassination of Jesse James by that Coward Robert Ford, could make a good Riddler too, or something.

Cone of Silence is officially the best name in the blogosphere. Where did this cone idea come from? I know the Saddleback dude used it - and McCain, uhhh, didn't - but I heard a weatherman today say that Florida is not yet outside the CONE of the recent tropical storm. This confuses my cone.

4:31 pm  
Blogger Daniel F. Le Ray said...

Philip Seymour Hoffman as the Penguin?

We saw it a couple of weeks ago, but are about to see it again in 3-storey Imax in Indiana.

Tis an awesome movie, though there is way too much going on, I think. And the Bat-bike is heading further into silly territory.

1:09 am  
Blogger "Post-Google" by TAR ART RAT said...

Philip Seymour Hofmann or Paul Giacometti, yes yes,-!
but I think you meant the "BatPod", danny-boy. not "bike"
I think I am secrfetly hoping that they do NOT make another batman... given the curse of both Spider-Man and X-Men THREES...

4:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home