Friday, July 21, 2006

Transferred Myspace Blog Posts from Oct/Nov. 2005:

Thursday, November 10, 2005

halloween
Current mood: calm

I'm really proud of my pumpkin and my costume this year- the first timee in YEARS, thank goodness... I think I was starting to feel about Haloween how most people feel about Valentines day... all deflated and hopeless and stuff.
look at the face on that sucka. grrr, heh.



5:47 PM -

Thursday, October 13, 2005


"Free"

I noticed this while logging in:
"Why Join MySpace?
» Create a Custom Profile
» Upload Pictures
» Send Mail and IM's
» Write Blogs & Comments
» It's FREE!"
and wondered once again about that word "Free"... if we added all the man-hours people waste on Myspace, and calculated those unproductive hours' impact on the GDP, what would it be exactly? Hmmm...

1:04 PM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Monday, October 10, 2005


chaos?

This brief little dialogue makes me so, sad?:

"tons of people died in an earthquake.

damn.

crazy."

Amy responded:

"Yeah, like more than 20,000 people. I might sound a little crazy, but I honestly think that the terrible things that have been happening all over the world are not just some freak occurences, but somehow interconnected. There is just no explanation for so many devastating natural disasters occuring so close together. We can't continue to dessimate and exploit the earth and expect there to be no repercussions. Whew! OK I feel better now that I got that off my chest."

and me again:

dude, I feel you on that one- I know, it is wieeeerd. A few years ago I read T.C. Boyle's "A Friend of the Earth" which is both hilarious and terrifying but it freaked me out- crazy weather constantly in the future, people killed by stuff just flying through the air, like pieces of roof...but yea, I'm worried. It makes me want to SHAKE people- like all of congress adn the auto industry adn the chemical/manufacturing/everything industries... shake'em adn say "You're GONNA F***ING KILL US!" alas, that is not practical. maybe I should post that too? The whole posting thing it wierd.".

anyhow, ugh... why are there so many disasters? duh. I mean- stuff happening on the surface of the earth which is obviously caused by man's impact on the environment is one thing... but these earthquakes too... it seems like we have hardly had a break from disasters in 2005 (ok, Tsunami was Dec. 26, 2004) but...to fuel my paranoia there are little blurbs like this on the BBC:

DEADLIER PLANET
Deaths from natural disasters: 83,000 in 2003; 53,000 in 1990
Natural disasters: 337 in 2003; 261 in 1990
Risk factors: city growth, climate change, environmental degradation

egit!

10:53 AM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Monday, October 03, 2005


DoucheBeer fur Oktoberfest discussions
Current mood: indescribable

Paul to J and John:

"Barf, guys- BAAAARF,Barrrf
check this art opening:"

For Immediate Release:
2 October 2005

OKTOBERFEST
Interactive Performance by TOI SENNHAUSER
ONE NIGHT ONLY: SATURDAY 8 OCTOBER 6-9 PM

504 E. Denny Way #1
east side of Denny and Olive
*behind a wooden fence

CRAWL SPACE hosts a one-night interactive performance by TOI
SENNHAUSER, examining the decision or indecision of viewers to become
participants in the consumption of the artist's custom-brewed beer.
Installed as a traditional Oktoberfest beer tent (minus the tent),
Sennhauser invites viewers to join the ranks of drinkers at the wood
plank table and drink from her keg of beer brewed with a starter
containing a trace amount of her own vaginal yeast.

"Somewhere between 7,000 to 4,000 B.C., in Mesopotamia, in the Kingdom
of Sumeria, women invented beer. By adding a trace amount of my
vaginal yeast to regular brewer's yeast, my Original Pussy Beer pays
homage to beer's ancient creators from "the cradle of civilization."
Woman is literally reunited with the beer.
"Experimentation with historic staple foods, in combination with my
own body, helps to build a new artistic dimension: understanding
through taste. To experience an art piece through taste is a
two-pronged experience. The viewer has to make a simple decision - to
ingest it or not. From this primal question new questions quickly
arise: Is it socially acceptable to drink beer that includes even a
trace amount of vaginal yeast? Is it natural? Is it kinky? Can a man
drinking this beer still be macho? Why does it make such a difference
when it comes to the human body?
"It is these questions about society's ever-increasing disconnect with
the human body that I try to expose and learn about by feeding the
viewer. By sharing my art in this way, I share my body and mind,
inviting the viewer to have a conversation on a genuinely intimate
level. Essence meets essence. The participants begin to understand me
and I them." - Toi Sennhauser
CRAWL SPACE is an artist-run cooperative gallery working to further
the creation and exhibition of new and innovative artwork by emerging
artists and to incite community interest in the visual arts. Since
opening in 2003, we have provided curatorial and installation
opportunities for over 100 emerging artists in monthly public
exhibitions. We have recently been granted sponsorship by the Allied
Arts Foundation, who also provides our 501(c)3 identification.


CRAWL SPACE
artist-run gallery
504 E DENNY WAY UNIT #1
SEATTLE WA 98122
206-322-5752
www.crawlspacegallery.com
info@crawlspacegallery.com
--
Crawl Space, artist-run gallery

Furthering the creation and exhibiton of innovative artwork by emerging artists.
Inciting community interest in the visual arts.

www.crawlspacegallery.com

J.Go's response:

oh my god

oh my god
oh my god
eewwwwwwww

Here is Marcus "Juan" Silverthorne's response:

A Brief Pre-Performative Response to an Exhibit not yet Having Occurred
by Marcus Silverthorne

On October 8th, Toi Sennhauser will be holding an interactive performance entitled "Oktoberfest", in which she will be offering a specially brewed beer containing trace amounts of vaginal yeast taken from her own body. She explains,

"Experimentation with historic staple foods, in combination with my
own body, helps to build a new artistic dimension: understanding
through taste. To experience an art piece through taste is a
two-pronged experience. The viewer has to make a simple decision - to
ingest it or not. From this primal question new questions quickly
arise: Is it socially acceptable to drink beer that includes even a
trace amount of vaginal yeast? Is it natural? Is it kinky? Can a man
drinking this beer still be macho? Why does it make such a difference
when it comes to the human body?

It is these questions about society's ever-increasing disconnect with
the human body that I try to expose and learn about by feeding the
viewer. By sharing my art in this way, I share my body and mind,
inviting the viewer to have a conversation on a genuinely intimate
level. Essence meets essence. The participants begin to understand me
and I them."

How is one "primal" question and a series of "new" questions a two-pronged experience? Or are the two prongs 1) to ingest and 2) not to ingest, in which case a better description would be two one-pronged experiences? Or, is the point that one can both ingest and not ingest, which would entail an overcoming of scientific-technical bifurcations such as the principle of non-contradiction and other vestiges of traditional modes of domination, largely masculine in character?

Is this in a sense a reorientation of art in which the artist becomes a kind of inverted mirror? That is, do we discover in this primal question a parallel between the traditional taboo on such experiences as " a and simultaneously not-a" and the dualisms that artificially sever the external body from the "interior" mind, which is somehow always defined in terms of the very ratiocination that gave rise to this division in the first place? And, as inverted mirror, do we not find that the performance of corporeal, sensual action gives rise to modes of questioning that cannot possibly be accounted for by ultra-rational bifurcating reasoning?

Here, in the experience of this bodily beer, we are presented with a series of inverted dualities: attraction and revulsion, vaginal and macho, nature and artefact. But these are only apparent dualities. They are only oppositions in so far as they are reflections of traditional analyses. In deciding to drink Original Pussy Beer, one performatively unites these dualities into one immediate, physical experience, the sensual-social experience of taste and intoxication. And just as these two latter elements can never be understood apart from the one experience of beer, so can these bifurcations mentioned above never be understood apart from the one experience of body: corporeal, immediate, sensual.

And now we can finally understand how the primal question can give rise to a manifold of new question ings. That is, questions as lived, bodily experience: a form of investigation that perhaps only art can make possible.


Thanks for your time,

Marcus Silverthorne Public Relations
Chapter 92
New York, New York
10019
Marcus Silverthorne's e-mail address is mrsilverthorne@gmail.com.
and his newborn blog: mrsilverthorne.blogspot.com


6:59 PM -

Thursday, September 29, 2005


Vikings!
Current mood: impressed

I saw Sigur Ros again last night and that is one of those "wow, human beings can do some craaazy stuff" experiences...I mean, I really can't think of any audio-visual experience that overwhelms the senses like seeing them live does... It's how I imagine watching a well-orcestrated slow-motion atomic bomb test, whereas listening to their recordings at home is just kind of like a submarine ride through the molten innards beneath a volcano... heh. While sitting there in the theatre I kept thinking back to two thousand or ten thousand years ago when we were all fighting and rummaging for food (oh, wait- we're still doing that) and the guys in Sigur Ros were farmers or carpernters or Vikings or whatever- and most of the audience were broke-ass peasants adn now you can pay $32 and see this amazing human achievement by these pale skinny Icelanders. Wild. I kind of wish I could bring everyone I knew (and liked) but I doubt my parents would care for the extreme noise aspects and, well... I'll have to work on that. That minute of silence,though-jeez...

9:03 AM -

Wednesday, September 28, 2005


intrusive radio?

So the KanYe for President Weekend got pretty old after only a day and a halfand I was back to NPR/KUOW and 98.1- the Classical station (which has too many commercials) Radio commercials are so jolting. Painting a bunch, though. That's good. In fact, every waking minute is almost accounted for... except now, but I should be doing something else... there is radio being picked up by my computer's CPU, this hasn't happened before, not since the last appartment right next to the radio towers, but this - egit, once again, is very poltergeisty.

Other than that... well, everything feels very very unsure...

9:02 AM -

Sunday, September 25, 2005


fizzle on the Radio
Current mood: drained

I have had no time to think or type into this 'blog' thing lately, been painting again 'cleaning my brain' heh, speaking of which- has anyone noticed this Pop-Hop cover of "Sugar on my Tongue"? I almost had a heart-attack. Why, why, why... it's pretty ...dopey.

Admittedly, I have been listening to a lot of Kube 93.3 (I think because NPR was becoming intensely/terminally un-nerving so what better to cover it up than the "KanYe for President" weekend on Kube?) Nothing but booty-shaking club hits back to back. Glorious. Except for that new Destiny's Child song... that sucks.

Ok, it is Sunday... ok... if I see one more dissapointing Tim Burton movie I might cry adn this might happen very soon- like, tonight.

10:39 AM -

Monday, September 12, 2005


"It's as close to the grove as you can get"TM
Current mood: okay
Category: Parties and Nightlife

I'm sick (cold or something) but I'm staring at this carton of Florida's Natural (?) orange juice which has a tag line "It's as close to the grove as you can get"TM which really makes you wonder- can they get away with that??? If I am standing in that grove holding this carton of OJ, am I closer to the grove by holding the carton or by standing in the grove itself?... curse you, Dayquil, curse you! Boy, I tell ya.

I must take a moment to apologize to Mr. Michael Wheeler also from Florida.) He is a very nice and compassionate Desert Storm Veteran and all american kind of guy who I spoke with for 45 minutes while waiting for the bus the other night. He is currently very homeless-looking (didn't want to pry) and awaiting an ampuation for his left foot due to a degenerative bone disease. Really nice guy, though. He really took to my VENTSPACE posters and was absolutely convinced that I could eventually be paid by the fat cats NOT to make such things... I was flattered and he took a stack to hand out, and I was also supposed to fill-in my own statement into the empty speech bubbles and tape it to a tree on Friday. If Mr.Wheeler liked what I said then he would get me a job through the important people he knew and all I needed to do was return to the tree and he would've left a contact # for me to call his people... hmm, after living I know it sounds a bit fishy and after having had my fair share of conversations with nutcases, of course, I didn't really believe him... but he was charming, and I do actually feel bad about not going thorough with my part of the bargain... I really thought about waht to put into those speech bubbles... came across a couple good quotes by OTHER people (not the men featured in the image) but never really settled on anything. For example, this brutal little tidbit from Dr Mahathir, former Primer-Minister of Malaysia who puts it quite bluntly:

"The British and American bomber pilots came, unopposed, safe and cosy in their state of the art aircraft, pressing buttons to drop bombs, to kill and maim. And these murderers, for that is what they are, would go back to celebrate 'mission accomplished'. Who are the terrorists? The people below who were bombed or the bombers? Whose rights have been snatched away?"

I can't say I feel that way all the time becaue it just isn't as simple as all that... and I realize that you can't blame the soldiers because they usually think they are doing the right thing, just like the terrorists or insurgents or whoever. I even feel like anybody who gets up and goes to work each day to contribute to the US economy has their little share of the blame. Alas, what can you do? Bitch and moan at least, right? Dunno. or..watch the second season of Ali G on DVD, whoa. Sometimes entertainment is entirely necessary. Had Bumbershoot not been a few days after the Hurricane I think my head yould've exploded.

As far as the VENTSPACE: poster goes, I think my quote is just having made the image itself... I know it is neutral and removed, but. Oh well. sorry Mr. Wheeler, wherever you are.

8:30 AM -

Tuesday, September 06, 2005


new vocab word, kids: "Absolete"
Current mood: ecstatic

i recieved a spam email from the usual, like,"Frank Humperdink" or whoever wanting me to buy something, but this one had misspelled the word "obsolete" or "absolute" as a whole NEW WORD: "Absolete" which could be defined as "absolutely obsolete" I suppose.

It really amazes me the random strings of words attached to spam... I think some are novel exerpts, but it is pretty much impossible to tell, however if you Google a block of quoted text sometimes it can lead you to a reading selection from the book it actually comes from... hmm...

oh, and I was so happy that the aforementioned Tadashi (not an imaginary friend) emailed:

"From: Tadashi Kanazawa
To: paul@artvenue.net
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 00:10:31 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Thank you!

This is Tadashi Kanazawa.

I'm sorry to mail to you lately.

How are you? I'm grateful for meeting to you,and talking to me.
Thank you for your warm talking.
Today I had a big trouble,but I was funny. Because last night you gave me grate power.
I want to mail the letter in Vancouver.
I will study hard,and write wonderful letter to you.
See you .Good night."
7:37 PM -

Friday, September 02, 2005


bike allover you
Current mood: good

3:05 am, just got back from Artwalk - exhausted but not tired because I took a chilly dip in Lake Washinton with Christian, Davis, Alex and out wonderful newfound Japanese friend Tadashi. Tadashi flew in from Japan yesterday, met Davis this afternoon while getting his bike repaired, ended up at Artwalk, where we had to basically speak in sign language (although his english is pretty good, just limited, but we made a whole illustrated diagram of the sounds that animals make in english vs. japanese, for example: a sheep in japanese says "Me-Me" not "Ba-Ba" and afrog says "GHeno"(?) not "ribbit" whoa! We also gave each other a brief illustrated history lesson of our countries. I was shocked to discover that he wasn't sure whether the USA was a part of the UK or not, but then again, what the heck do I know about Japanese history? So I had to go way back, in US history and whatever i could piece together of UK history... the echo in my mind "the sun never sets on the british empire"... but what WERE those countries? India, uhm, Hong Kong (not a country), and some of the Middle East...and what are they now.. ouch, dumb...but cool- huh? Wow. ) So, we took him around the artwalk open studios- that place with the alley entrance and the nice people, 414 Alaskan Way S., or Red Stripe Bldg? Dunno, but after we ultimately peer- pressured poor Tadashi (riddled by jetlag adn confusion) into junping into lake Washinton over in the richie/ non-policed Leschi (?) neighborhood, or Madrona? We were able to swim from the public dock to the private boats although we encoundered dozens of slimey, chained-together tree-sized logs which only floated for a second of you tried resting on them, then they'd sink and their place would be taken by the two slimey logs on either side- like in an old video game or something... augh!
The amazing thing about Tadashi is that he arrived here with the intention to first bike to Mt. Rainier (far away!) and then bike to Vancouver B.C. (reallly far away!) I was like "Tadashi, that's far- reealllly far and you're trying to do this in 2 days?" He's going to to it- beginning first thing in the morning... I gave him our contact info and told him to call or email if he has any problems,god bless him- and my god, BIKE TO VANCOUVER! that's like a 3 hour drive, not to mention whatever kind of butt-rape may be waiting in the clutches of Homeland Security... hmm, well, everyone pray for Tadashi like you would, like, Lance Armstrong or something, ok.? thanks!
Google Book Search

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right aωay I am gοing to ԁo my bгeаkfаst,
onсe hаving my brеakfast cоming yet
again to reаԁ other news.

Ηеre іs my web page - CarbonPoker Promotions

1:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I κnoω this is οff topic but I was
wondering if уou knew of any widgеts I cоuld
аdd tο my blog that automatically tweet my
newest twitter updatеs. I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

my page Low Stakes Offer

9:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home